Want change? We all have the ability to change and…
David Bowie never tried to fit in.
He was a part of my life, but never a part of my playlists. He was already famous when I was growing up.
I was little in the 70s and his art was too much for me. Visually he overwhelmed me. I never felt a personal connection.
Then I grew up a bit and I loved the outer space stuff.
In the 80s I loved the punk rock stuff.
Now I can completely appreciate his pioneering genius.
He’s raised the bar for us and how we can use his life and death to upgrade our own experience and offer our own message:
- He had a voice. Not just a singing voice but his own unique unmistakable style.
- He did his thing and he never NICHED. As a polymath I LOVE THIS.
- He never watered himself down to comply, or to “fit in”.
- He knew he was dying and he prepared for it, in his own way. This is huge. He didn’t do what you might have done or what I would have done, but he did HIS THING (You can view the Lazarus and Blackstar videos online). Truly beyond a mere bucket list.
- He helped HUMANS by blazing a trail to allow freedom of expression.
- He did other awesome work with other luminaries.
- He was an INNOVATOR.
- He was prolific. I don’t think any of us know all of his work (just look at this list of references!) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie
- All of his work wasn’t considered “successful”, but he kept creating.
- Within his creations he also wasn’t just a musician or just an actor. He wasn’t just one kind of artist. He touched many mediums including music, art, fashion and more.
Today we all have the opportunity to have a voice.
Bowie’s life, death and catalog of work can inspire how we approach our own message.
Do Something. #BeTheSolution
We aren’t dead yet!
Michele the Trainer
Engineering/Freelance Global Project Manager
Author, Public Speaker, Podcast Host at Michele the Trainer Show
Personal Trainer, Wellness Expert & Mentor/Lifecoach
Projects MTTCS: www.MTTConsultingSolutions.com
Michele’s Blog: www.EngineeringWellness.com
Nature Blog: www.LiquidHike.com
(Visited 69 time, 1 visit today)