https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNqo0kIR-TU David Bowie never tried to fit in. He was…
I’m working on my #bethesolution campaign and this is part of it.
There is a lot of glorification of the best art being created at people’s worst. I’ve been pondering this since Scott Weiland’s death.
In a world where we glorify the criminal, the suicidal and the addict (or all 3), we need better healthier role models.
Of course it’s beneficial to have an expressive (art, writing, music, whatever) outlet when the sh*t hits the fan, but that’s not the only motivation or inspiration around.
We shouldn’t propagate the idea that you have to seek out a bad habit or nervous breakdown in order to have a good idea, or be an artistic genius.
If you’re trying to improve your life, get healthy and be in a better place (and believe a bit in law of attraction) a person should avoid seeking out self-destruction, and gambling their well-being for some hope of a glimmer of inspiration.
Here are some ideas on how to flip this into a positive:
1. Breakthrough for inspiration rather than breakdown (thanks Lat Nayar for the terminology assist)
2. Seeking healthier role models in all areas. Get inspired by great people who are consciously trying to #bethesolution.
3. Seek out the musician, writer, artist that take care of themselves. They are out there, just hard to list!
4. Change the story. For example, talk more about the crime that went bad for the criminal (in this way discouraging other idiots).
5. Get inspired by faith.
6. Get inspired by music.
7. Get inspired by nature.
8. Get inspired by eating fruit!
9. Avoid activities that attract negative behavior people.
10. List activities that attract positive people.
Bummer art exists. The blues are a good example of that. The blues are a good catalog of music, but I don’t personally want to marinate there.
If you want a happy sunshiny life, avoid bummer art and its associated tribe and their habits.
Send me some examples of 1-10. Refresh yourself in the sunshine!
Michele the Trainer
Engineering/Freelance Global Project Manager
Author, Public Speaker, Podcast Host at Michele the Trainer Show
Personal Trainer, Wellness Expert & Mentor/Lifecoach
Projects MTTCS: www.MTTConsultingSolutions.com
Michele’s Blog: www.EngineeringWellness.com
Nature Blog: www.LiquidHike.com
(Visited 61 time, 1 visit today)