Can't make it to Mexico? Then make your own Tortilla…
Michele the Trainer’s Sexy Organic Potato Soup
This soup could have been sexier garnished with a sprig of dill, but not having any dill was my dilemma (get it?).
You can achieve this with any combo of hot and not hot pepper, but find a not hot pepper known for flavor.
Gather-Boil-Blend-Serve…that’s how we roll
Do you have an immersion blender? That is the best choice for this recipe, or you can ladel into big blender and then transfer back, but that’s a bigger hassle. If you have a Vita-mix, easier (I actually used a very lame blender and transferred, so any blender you have is better than the one I used, and my soup still rocked!)
Organic Potatoes (5 large)
Organic Celery Root (2 small)
1 dried Organic Chipotle Pepper (hotter)
1 fresh Organic Poblano Pepper (more flavor than heat)
1/2 – 1 Organic Celery (with leaves, chopped)
1/2 Organic Purple Onion
Organic Carrots (3-5)
Organic Garlic (3 cloves)
Organic Bay Leaves (3)
Add To Taste:
Celtic Sea Salt,
Organic Ground Black Pepper and
A. Vogel Brand Organic Herbamare, the green one (Season Salt) <<This is not critical, it’s just what I had on hand. Using only Celtic Sea Salt will be find. Please avoid any seasonings with MSG.>>
- Boil until potatoes are done
- Remove Chipotle and save, discard bay leaves
- Blend the rest with immersion blender
- Now you can replace that Chipotle, if you want (it’s identifiable if someone wants to eat or remove it)
- Optional; Add 1-2 Tablespoons of Organic Raw Almond Butter to each bowl after serving, if desired (stir it until it’s creamy than swirl it in)
- Optional: Got Dill? Garnish with a piece of Dill and a shake of Paprika (of course both Organic)
Yes, you can eat some potatoes and still maintain your weight! I don’t share recipes because I’m a domestic who wanted to write a cookbook. I share recipes because I know there is a better way to lose and maintain weight loss, and build muscle!
For more Sexy Healthy Food ideas, get Michele’s books:
Want to Know More?
“Motivating community to establish and maintain a healthy body and lifestyle…”
(Visited 72 time, 1 visit today)