Tomato Season: Michele the Trainer’s Spicy Heirloom Tomato String Bean…
Can’t make it to Mexico? Then make your own Tortilla Soup ala Michele the Trainer
Which, of course, means you don’t need tortillas!
Organic Red Tomatoes, any variety is fine, heirlooms are better!
Organic white and/or purple onion
Organic Carrots–diced small
Organic Celery–diced small
Organic Frozen Corn Kernals
Organic powdered Cumin ***caution…less is more….start with 1 Tablespoon….use less and then taste at END of cooking to determine if you need more**
Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
In a 4″ mulling ball (giant tea bag ball or mesh ball), put a bunch of Organic Cilantro, a couple of Bay Leaves and one OPTIONAL Jalapeno, and a couple Organic Poblano or Organic Anaheim Chilis <goal here is to toss it all when soup is done>
- Fill a large pot HALF FULL with water & put on the stove–
- Fill a high speed blender full of tomatoes, and blend–then dump into pot on stove
- Fill again with half tomatoes and half onions (I used 2 full onions)–the dump that also, into pot on stove
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Simmer & Stir until carrots are as cooked as you desire and all flavors are blended
- Salt and add more Cumin to taste
Now it’s ALL about the GARNISH…..
Tortilla Soup Toppings: I call Toppings “Floaties”…..to me, soup is all about the Floaties
Fill a pretty plate with:
Finely diced organic onion and/or organic scallion
Organic Lime Quarters ***note…the better these limes are, the better this soup will be….really!!!***
Finely Chopped Cilantro (chop or cut by hand with kitchen shears)
Optional: Cubed Organic Avocado
Strips of Organic Corn Tortillas, of course
Organic Brown or Organic Wild Rice (already cooked)
Michele the Trainer’s Pico de Gallo is a nice add (recipe in this book: http://www.michelethetrainer.com/checkout
Want More Recipes? Visit Michele’s Amazon Store Here:
Want to Know More?
(Visited 145 time, 1 visit today)