Are you a Barbarian Warlord? If not, then you should…
Bone Broth is Bullshit
by Michele the Trainer @MicheleTrainer
- Snake Oil! People are selling more bullshit and bone broth is #1 right now. If you buy it packaged or canned, it’s likely from boiled ham, a dead piggy’s ass, and there were are bones involved anyway. #HotHamWater (regarding bullshit marketing, it’s right up there with recommending adding butter to coffee)
- Bones! Soup is savory tea, why would you want to scratch that record by adding someone’s dead bones in there?
- Disease: Most bodily problems are first felt in the joints and bones; Factory farmed animals are full of drugs and disease and also share a plethora of joint and bone issues https://www.peta2.com/animal-rights-basics/food/factory-farming/
- More BS: <this all also applies to Chicken Soup for Illness>
- Feelings & Karma: Soup is supposed to be soothing and relaxing, but how can it be that with the karma of a screaming terrified animal on the way to its slaughter in it? Really?
- ANIMAL FAT: Animals have animal fat (aka LARD), now you’ve added animal fat to your soup, which could easily have hundreds of flavors from hundreds of cultures and still be fat free
- Proof? There is no evidence that our bodies can assimilate (digest and utilize) the collagen of an animal. (ref here one antique study only from 1934 where the conclusion was that you get animal fat and if you add a potato you get starch from the potato https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1975347/?page=7 )
- GREENS: You CAN get nutrients from plant foods and vegetables, and even more from greens which are easily incorporated into any soup. Use organic and don’t overboil all the veggies for maximum nutritional value (for example, add chopped carrots, chopped celery and greens last then turn it off after a few minutes; we don’t have to boil everything in there for an hour).
- PRICE: It’s super expensive for a soup with nothing in it. Its stock with nothing in it at $$$$$ prices!
Boom: You can’t enhance or improve life, by eating death.
For better broth here are some ideas:
(Visited 109 time, 1 visit today)